Wednesday, June 18, 2008

challenging myself.......

to try out some different challenges as there are so many FAB challenge blogs out there.
one I've being checking out for a while now is the design experiment blog.

They have some great challenges + last week I started working on their challenge #13 ............. I missed the deadline as I was fiddling too much with the LO + also I made a booboo on it...........not that you would notice now!!

Challenge #13 was about words..........what is your fav word/s + why? Do you say it a thousand times a day?

my word/s was "you're joking". I know i say this often as for one I have a husband that plays lots of jokes on me, its how I react when the kids come to tell me one of the others has done something wrong or how I might react to something serious or sad!!

no reason or rhyme why i say it really............I just do!!

using some goodies from a sweet spud kit. this kit was full of yumminess - the colours were so electric!! loved it!!


well the inlaws came back from China yesterday + now they are winging their way to CHCH for the rugby this weekend. Ruby has her dance concert this Saturday.............so we are busy driving back + forth to extra practises but tonight we didn't go as I had a very sad little who came crying off the bus.
She was a missing Poppins (my kids called my mum poppins - her name was Mary) she told me. She said she was sitting on the bus + was thinking of her, she just got really sad + it hurt her heart. So we had big cuddles + talked about the things that we loved + missed about her. Then i remembered in the lastest CK mag i brought yesterday - May's issue there was a section about 'remembering' loved ones. There was a LO done done by a woman called - Lisa Swift about her daughter missing her Noona. I really loved this approach as i feel its so important to recognize their feelings too. So I asked Ruby to list what she loved about Poppins. So in the weekend we will work on a LO together. I will share once we have completed it.
oh yay hump day!!
and only 2 more sleeps till FGIF!
9 more sleeps till my brother comes to stay!
10 more sleeps till my birthday!
and on BTW.............go figure this..............we ran out of water!! In June!!!!.............thats just plain madness!! We have had little rain + we do really need it!!
also the driveway is laid + its great....................no more mud + dust!!
rach

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Fantastically funky layout Rach, hugs to you and Ruby, I can't wait to see the special layout you two create.

Vicky said...

hehe, i call my babies my 'littles' too. Sounds like your mum was visiting with Ruby, Youre doing awesome, being such a great mama, being there for her like that, its so easy to get caught up in your own grief and overlook how they are feeling, youre amazing Rach!
Cool LO too, love the bunting. Hope Rubys dance goes well
xxx

Chris Millar said...

Oh this layout is so fun Rach!!! Love the bright colours and all the cool bits and pieces! You always do buttons really well!
Poor Ruby! Big hugs to you both.
Tried to Skype you today, will try again on the weekend.

Anonymous said...

ah ...
makes my heart ache for her for wanting her grandma.
xoxo