Monday, February 06, 2006

Challenges!!!

Ok I said I was going to do Yolande's orange challenge ...............mmm how long ago was that????
Well as we all know I have had a few interruptions - a tirp to Perth + a visit to Starship with T.
So at last I have finished this LO. Ok its not total orange but its got orange in it. The only thing I have to add is the date. One of Finn.

and the other challenge I have taken on is Lianne's - share your very first LO + then your lastest. So my first LO was of course a Creative Memories. I remember being so excited after doing this page + couldn't wait to show Finn. This was back in March 2003. Don't you just love the triangle in the corner.........mmmmmm nice!!!


Ok for my lastest LO. I started this LO while in hospital with T. YES even took my tote + BIG thanks to my SUPER MIL Shirl (what a life saver that woman is + the best mil in the world). Ok funny story about the Heidi Swapp hearts. When I came through customs at Auckland airport the guy scanning the bags asked if I had chocolate hearts in my bag. After explaining what they were to him he still didn't get it!!!! About this LO firstly i have had that pp for nearly a year saving it for a special page for Kev + then of course that photo is a nearly a year old too. I was just waiting for the right bits + peices - the chocolate hearts ....lol..... and some new chipboard letters. And here we have a speical page about 2 speical guys in my life, Kev + Taidhg.


I hope everyones Waitangi Day is great!!!! I have had a lovely day of scrappin + the 2 older kids are nextdoor at Super Mil's. And yay another short week!

Rach

11 comments:

Yolande said...

Wow cool layouts -you have been busy...your first CM is a goodie - I remember mine too but I have torn mine apart {bad exerience!} might have to share my second one - yip I went back for more! LOL. I so want some of them HS Hearts too. Funny about that paper - I have it saved in my stash too...maybe I should break it out and use it. Thanks for the inspiration - I think my next challenge will be to use that paper.

Chris Millar said...

Rach, the 'orange' layout is super cool! Look at that awesome stitching up the side! Very clever!
Love your CM too!!!

lianne said...

Great layouts Rach. And thanks for sharing your first one. Look at all that handwriting and yeah that triangle.

Ali said...

hmmm love the CM layout - particularly the way said triangle matches all the different shape pics Lol!
Really do love that one of your boys - really simple and so effective ....

Anonymous said...

Hi Rach, love the 'orange' page too, esp. the tile. LOL at the CM page - my first page was not a CM one but I still pulled it apart and re-did it, along with about 10 others!

Kirsty

Alli said...

I love orange! gorgeous page Rach and I so love your first page! I know that feeling too, I was so excited when I finished my first page.

Michelle said...

Hey love the layouts they look great. Still trying to find my first page:)

Anonymous said...

I love the orange layout really lovely, and what a difference with your first page to now. Rach you do great work. LOVE IT.

Carole.

Michelle said...

snap I have that paper in my stach too, only I think mine is the pink/green one... still looks the same though. Good idea making it into a chalange Yolande.
Love the orange page and your first page too...I wonder how many people actually started off with doing creative memories ?

catch ya
M

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel. Just thought I'd let you know my mum in NP recd her Up2Scrap yesterday and said she really loved your Taranaki LO! Mine hasn't arrived yet, can't wait to see my old home province!!

nic said...

So cool you are sharing some *ahem* nice layouts with us! Love the CM one! I have to say that i have never ever had one quite like that..lol

nic