Sunday, January 15, 2012

saying goodbye is hard

this week I had to say goodbye to my dad.
my dad had been really ill for the last 6mths but no one could find anything wrong with him.
but as well my dad had never been the same since my mum passed away 3.5yrs ago.  he was living with a broken heart + that was hard to watch.
last friday we told him he had a option to have a op (that he would not survive) or it was ok to go to mum.
once he knew that we were ok that he could go ............ he was so happy because he was going to see my mum.  how could I argue with that, how could I be sad about that...........watching my dad celebrate that he was gong to see his beloved mary.
finally the duo of mary + ron has ended.  I tell a lie i am sad....... very sad cause its like living mums death all over again a little bit....... he was the connection to her.......partner in crime.......dance partner.......... card partner..........they were one hell of a duo!!
i never imagined that I would be without my parents at the age of 40......... lucky i still have my little family to lean on.  dad was 80..........he had a full life + no time was robbed from him.......only mum leaving early!!
rest in peace dad

2 comments:

Lara said...

oh Rach, I'm just catching up on blogs. So sad to read of your loss. Thinking of you and your family.

TheDor said...

you have a wonderful way with words...i lost my mom in 09...take care out there and thank you. jana reed